- About TTAO
- TTAO Business
- Contest Manager Resources
- Adjudicator Resources
- Contest Resources
- TTAO Connect
- TTAO News
- 2021 C. Lee Turner Real Change Award
Date: January 26, 2020
Focus: Regular Board Meeting for TTAO Business
There is a new process in place for adjudicators who are not paid within 30 days of a contest. Please be sure to read over the steps outlined from our summer board meeting.
The payment issue process can be found on the TTAO website under “Issues and Grievances” https://www.ttao.org/issues-and-grievances/ as well as in the update Manual of Operations.
Updated Manual of Operations: https://www.ttao.org/ttao-business/
Do you have a suggestion, question, concern or grievance that you would like for the TTAO Board to address during their June meeting? Any recommendations for actions are welcomed and considered by the Standards and Practices Committee.
The Grievance Form is on the TTAO website at https://www.ttao.org/issues-and-grievances/
Welcome to the new Board and Standards & Practices Committee Members!
Mandy Epley – Board of Directors – Communications Director-Elect
Karen King – Board of Directors – Treasurer-Elect/Historian
R. Scott Allen- Board of Directors – Director-at-Large
Jim Mammarella- Board of Directors – Director-at-Large
Aimee Kasprzyk- Standards & Practices Committee – Region 3/Contest Manager
Freddie Buckner – Standards & Practices Committee – Region 3/ Adjudicator
Please review the TTAO Code of Ethics and Professional Standards for both Adjudicators and Contest Managers before the season begins: The full list can be found on the TTAO site here: https://www.ttao.org/issues-and-grievances/code-of-ethics-and-professional-standards/
Don’t forget to submit your evaluation form after completing a contest. All forms can be found at https://www.ttao.org/service-3/
Contest Managers you can also remind Directors during the Directors Meeting to complete their evaluation form of the contest afterwards as well.
UIL and TTAO strongly discourage adjudicators from posting results of contests they adjudicate on social media. If you are a Contest Manager/Judge and you want to post results, please include your title as contest manager when posting.
Please realize that any comment about a contest you have judged could either:
General Rule of Thumb: Don’t post anything about your contests if you are in doubt.
Some other Social Media Considerations:
1. Consider unfollowing or unfriending on Facebook high school directors of shows you may adjudicate during a contest season. This could help to eliminate the impression of impropriety because you would remove yourself from seeing anything that director may post about his/her show. Unfollowing may be the easiest method to reverse after contest season.
2. Be aware that directors, administrators, parents and students can and sometimes will search and find your social media postings. Be careful about posting things/photos that could give an unhappy person ammunition to potentially use against you in a complaint.
3. Join the following for
important updates, reminders and connections to your fellow adjudicators and/or
– Texas Theatre Adjudicators & Officials Facebook page (link below)
– TTAO/UIL One Act Play Adjudicators Facebook page (link below)
Contest Manager – Mar 20-21 at Atascocita High School
**more details are TBA**
Check the TTAO Facebook groups or TTAO website for further information: https://www.ttao.org/contest-management-certification/
March 26: All District & Bi-District meets must be completed on or before this date
March 30 – April 4: Area OAP Meets
April 15 – April 18: Regional Meets
April 30 – May 2: State OAP Meets
Did you know that TTAO is on Facebook? Join us in one of our groups to be part of the OAP community year around!
If you are an adjudicator, join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/681476041915336/
If you are a contest manager, join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/305846376219841/